Friday was almost an exact repeat of last Friday, aside from a few differences. I started out by getting my schedule for next semester. Since I again waited until the last minuet I didn’t get the exact schedule that I had planned for. But the schedule is not really that bad I only have one class on Tuesday and Thursday, and that class starts two weeks later and ends two weeks earlier than all my other classes. I was told that I am taking the hardest class offered and then the easiest class offered. So hopefully everything balances out.
After my class I went back over to the mall for my break before work. This time I was not going to leave unless I had a gift for Lauren. I started by looking at Jc Penny’s but once again found nothing. After avoiding the nail people I scarfed down some teriyaki chicken for my lunch. After I got done eating I glanced over at the nail kiosk and found them in the middle of their speech with other people so I took the opportunity to race by them to get to the other side of the mall. I actually ended up finding things to get Lauren for Christmas I felt happy because that meant I was done with my Christmas shopping, and I feel good about what I found her.
I went back to the IVY tech campus and read my book that I purchased the day before called Marley and Me the book is great so far, and now I am actually looking forward to the movie. When I first saw the preview on T.V. I thought it was just another cheesy dog movie for the family to go see on Christmas which I am sure is what they are trying to do to get people to go. But so far the book is so full of emotions. I actually had to stop reading it on the buss because I was almost in tear.
Work was really easy. We sat around going over any questions we had before the big week of buy back. I feel confident about next week, after being a server I feel I can take on any problem at a bookstore. But I am also prepared to be proven wrong. I got out early and was fortunate to catch the bus right when I got outside.
Later that night my friend Jen called and invited Lauren and I over to dinner. Jen is going to school to become a chef, so it’s a pretty good deal to eat food that she makes. She made all kinds of chicken and mashed potatoes and all where delicious. Lauren and I didn’t stay to long we said our goodbyes and went for a quick trip to Wal-Mart on the way home.
Lauren went to the bathroom right away. While I waited for her I spotted a Star Wars arcade game and for one I actually had some quarters to play the game. I remember the star wars arcade game as being the best arcade game I have ever played. Aside from the Simpsons four player arcade game of course. When I was playing I didn’t seem to get the same enjoyment from the game that I had gotten years before. It still is a fun game but not the best.
When we left Wal-mart I ended up walking out with a pair of snoopy pajama pants. I have always sworn that I would never be the guy to wear pajama pants but I have found myself getting to cold to just walk around my apartment in just boxers. I got home and jumped into the new pant, and I felt perfectly comfortable. I attempted to watch Conan before I fell asleep but didn’t even make it past the monolog before I fell asleep.
When I woke up the next morning I started by catching up on the dishes. It seems no matter how hard I try both laundry and dishes never seem to be caught up. I emptied the trash and went to put the bag outside my door. That’s when I found the note from the Apartment owners.
The note said that starting December 15th they would be searching the apartments for unauthorized pets until February 10th. We needed to find a place for our guinea pigs for that time. Fortunately both our families where willing to watch them for that time. They will live at Lauren’s family’s house until she leaves then they will stay under my sisters care until we can get them back.
We left our apartment a little before five with the guinea pigs. Lauren was going to take them to her house, after dropping me off at my parent’s house. We decided to stay the night so she could go get the Christmas tree with her family and I wanted to spend time with my family since my mom’s birthday was last Wednesday.
We spent most of the night playing rock band 2. I mostly played guitar while my mom sang and my dad played drums. Some of our neighbors came over to play as well. I ended the night writing this blog while watching Dan in Real Life with my sister. She’s asleep already. This is my second time watching this movie. I like this movie a lot. I like seeing Steve Carell do a serious role. It’s what makes him such a great actor being able to do so many different roles. I also was able to put up with Dane Cook who I usually loathe to see on my T.V. screen.
Lauren called me a few minuets ago telling me that her dad had a bunch of model train stuff that is HO scale I got a bunch of N scale stuff for Christmas last year. Before that I got an HO scale train set but decided it was to big for my small apartment. The only problem is that N scale stuff is about twice as expensive. I’m really excited about getting the HO stuff and cant wait to play around with it tomorrow.
So now I end this blog with still about a half hour left of the movie. Hope to write again soon. And as always thanks all who take the time out of their day to see what’s going on in my pointless life.
2 comments:
lol yeah Dane Cook's movies aren't that great, but I like his stand up comedies.
Post a Comment